Passport valid for at least six months from date of entry required by all nationals.
Visas are not required by nationals of Australia, Canada, UK, USA and EU (except nationals of Malta and the Slovakia who do require a visa), who will be issued with visas free of charge for a period of 30 days on arrival at Colombo Airport (for tourist visits only).
(a) All business visitors from countries referred above require a visa.
(b) Nationals of countries not referred above are advised to contact the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to check visa requirements.
Types of Visa & Validity
Tourist and Business visas: Up to three months
Multiple-entry visas: Three months to 12 months.
Documents Required for Visa Application
- Multiple Entry Visa Application Form 'B2';
- Valid passport of applicant;
- Three photographs of the applicant (bust size approximately 3.5 x 4.5 cm);
- Documentary proof of purpose of Multiple Entry visit;
- Evidence of the financial standing of applicant;
- A written assurance to return to the country of domicile;
- Finger prints of applicant if necessary;
- Any other documents the prescribed authority deems necessary.
Documents Required for Extension of 30-day Visa
- Visit visa application;
- Copy of the Bio data page of the passport;
- Two (02) photographs;
- Relevant visa fee.
As for visa fees, it vary according to nationality.
At least three working days.